The deal was announced Thursday at the Cannes Film Festival, where Sierra/Affinity is handling foreign sales. It’s the second release for Annapurna’s nascent distribution operation, which launches with the Aug. 4 opening of “Detroit,” Kathryn Bigelow’s drama about the race riots of 1967.
Amazon Studios came on to co-finance and handle the North American theatrical release of “Brad’s Status” in October. Mike White directed the movie, which also stars Michael Sheen, Luke Wilson, Jenna Fischer and Austin Abrams.
Sidney Kimmel Entertainment first unveiled the project in July after White brought the project to Ske with Plan B attached. Ske, Plan B, and Dave Bernad are producing. Ske and Amazon are co-financing the film.
Stiller plays the titular Brad who, »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsChristian Bale
- If Leonardo DiCaprio Only Made One Movie in His Career, This is the Trailer for It (From TVovermind.com. 24 May 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Says He'll Be Back In Next Terminator Film (From LRM Online. 22 May 2017, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Why Adam McKay Believes Hot-Button Politics Can Grow Into A Viable Film Genre – Deadline Disruptors (From Deadline. 21 May 2017, 9:27 AM, PDT)
- Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Signs Distribution Deals for Japan, France, Italy (From Variety - Film News. 24 May 2017, 11:34 AM, PDT)
- 70th Cannes Film Festival Review – The Meyerowitz Stories (2017) (From Flickeringmyth. 24 May 2017, 5:45 AM, PDT)
- Cannes: Netflix Movies Dominate Early Digital Buzz Amid Screening Controversy (From Variety - Film News. 23 May 2017, 2:04 PM, PDT)
Adam Sandler (I)
- Adam Sandler is getting high praise and even Oscar buzz for his performance in The Meyerowitz Stories (From Flickeringmyth. 25 May 2017, 5:01 AM, PDT)
- Cannes 2017. Family Matters—Noah Baumbach’s “The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected)” (From MUBI. 24 May 2017, 10:14 PM, PDT)
- Adam Sandler Gets 4-Minute Standing Ovation at Cannes, Is Oscar Next? (From MovieWeb. 24 May 2017, 5:34 PM, PDT)