In today’s roundup, Catherine Zeta-Jones has joined Lifetime’s “Cocaine Godmother,” Netflix releases the first images from its upcoming miniseries “Alias Grace,” and SiriusXM announces the latest addition to its satellite radio program.
Catherine Zeta-Jones has joined the Lifetime movie “Cocaine Godmother,” which will recount the real life of infamous drug runner Griselda Blanco. At just 17, Blanco made her way to the U.S. with a fake passport with her first husband Carlos. She soon became embroiled in the drug trade, masterminding the use of beautiful women, the elderly and children as drug mules and created false-bottom suitcases to smuggle cocaine from Colombia. Guillermo Navarro will direct with David McKenna writing the script. Steven Michaels, Jonathan Koch, Joan Harrison, and Alisa Tager will executive produce.
Anne Heche will host a new SiriusXM talk show, “Love and Heche,” scheduled to air every Saturday as part of the satellite radio program’s Faction Talk channel. SiriusXM »
- Emily Mae Czachor
Similar News ItemsAnna Paquin
- Film Constellation to sell Florida-set drama 'Life and Nothing More', first look (From ScreenDaily. 15 August 2017, 7:40 AM, PDT)
- Tiff 2017 Does TV: Primetime Line-Up to Premiere ‘The Deuce’ and ‘The Girlfriend Experience’ (From Indiewire. 15 August 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Tiff 2017 Does TV: Primetime Line-Up to Premiere ‘The Deuce’ and ‘The Girlfriend Experience’ (From Indiewire Television. 15 August 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- 31 underrated movies well worth a look (From Den of Geek. 15 August 2017, 8:39 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Brave New Jersey’ (From Variety - Film News. 5 August 2017, 12:30 AM, PDT)
- August 1st Blu-ray & DVD Releases Include Shin Godzilla, Colossal, Slither Collector’s Edition (From DailyDead. 31 July 2017, 4:53 PM, PDT)
- Michael Douglas 'Looking Forward' to Being a Grandfather – As Son Cameron Expects First Child (From PEOPLE.com. 18 August 2017, 8:55 AM, PDT)
- Henry Thomas, Elizabeth Reaser and Kate Siegel join Netflix’s The Haunting of Hill House (From Flickeringmyth. 15 August 2017, 5:40 PM, PDT)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Worried About Catherine Zeta-Jones’ Lifestyle Brand? (From GossipCop. 10 August 2017, 8:40 AM, PDT)