Jesse Eisenberg dabbled with biographical films in 2010’s The Social Network, where he played Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg. Now Variety reports the Now You See Me 2 star is going full biopic for an upcoming movie about Marcel Marceau, the internationally renowned mime and actor who was a part of the French Resistance in his youth. Eisenberg will play Marceau, who joined the French underground in Limoges, where he would alter the ages on the identification cards of other Jewish teens in an effort to keep them out of the labor camps. He also hid Jewish children from the Gestapo, and even posed as a Boy Scout leader to smuggle them into Switzerland. Sadly, when he returned to his hometown of Strasbourg, he learned his father had been captured and sent to Auschwitz, where he was killed along with so many others.
Jonathan Jakubowicz is writing and directing the ...
- Danette Chavez
Similar News ItemsThe Social Network (2010)
- Did Mark Zuckerberg Successfully ‘Diffuse the Potential Explosion’ Around Facebook’s Ad Biz? (From The Wrap. 21 September 2017, 3:50 PM, PDT)
- Queen’s Live Aid performance recreated in Bohemian Rhapsody set photos and video (From Flickeringmyth. 16 September 2017, 10:05 AM, PDT)
- The Method To The Madness Of ‘Mother!’s Box Office Marketing (From Deadline. 14 September 2017, 3:51 PM, PDT)
- Superman joins the Justice League on new promo banner (From Flickeringmyth. 22 September 2017, 3:49 AM, PDT)
- Lex Luthor's scenes not included in the current cut of Justice League (From JoBlo. 21 September 2017, 12:56 PM, PDT)
- Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor reportedly absent from Justice League test screening (From Flickeringmyth. 21 September 2017, 6:41 AM, PDT)
- Mobile Giants Sprint, T-Mobile on Verge of Merger (From The Wrap. 22 September 2017, 7:40 AM, PDT)
- Facebook to Turn Over 3,000 Russia-Bought Ads to Congress (From The Wrap. 21 September 2017, 1:37 PM, PDT)
- ‘Fall In Love’: Will This Virtual Reality Program Make You Fall In Love? (From Deadline. 19 September 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)