Jesse Eisenberg dabbled with biographical films in 2010’s The Social Network, where he played Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg. Now Variety reports the Now You See Me 2 star is going full biopic for an upcoming movie about Marcel Marceau, the internationally renowned mime and actor who was a part of the French Resistance in his youth. Eisenberg will play Marceau, who joined the French underground in Limoges, where he would alter the ages on the identification cards of other Jewish teens in an effort to keep them out of the labor camps. He also hid Jewish children from the Gestapo, and even posed as a Boy Scout leader to smuggle them into Switzerland. Sadly, when he returned to his hometown of Strasbourg, he learned his father had been captured and sent to Auschwitz, where he was killed along with so many others.
Jonathan Jakubowicz is writing and directing the ...
- Danette Chavez
Similar News ItemsThe Social Network (2010)
- Macaulay Culkin and Brenda Song Grab Dinner Together in Los Angeles (From PEOPLE.com. 24 July 2017, 7:16 AM, PDT)
- Wamg Giveaway – Win the Free Fire Blu-ray (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 21 July 2017, 11:28 AM, PDT)
- Facebook Will Now Cram Ads Into Its Messenger App (From The Wrap. 11 July 2017, 11:54 AM, PDT)
- Watch the DC Extended Universe Comic-Con panel for Justice League (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2017, 4:45 AM, PDT)
- Awesome New Comic-Con Trailer for DC's Epic 'Justice League' Movie (From FirstShowing.net. 22 July 2017, 3:18 PM, PDT)
- ‘Justice League’ Trailer Shows Off DC Comics Big Bad Steppenwolf (From Variety - Film News. 22 July 2017, 1:22 PM, PDT)
- Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg’s Artificial Intelligence Divide: Experts Weigh In (From The Wrap. 25 July 2017, 12:22 PM, PDT)
- Elon Musk Calls Out Mark Zuckerberg’s ‘Limited Understanding’ of Artificial Intelligence (From The Wrap. 25 July 2017, 8:24 AM, PDT)
- Ingrid Goes West and social media in film (From Cineplex. 20 July 2017, 10:55 AM, PDT)