Jesse Eisenberg dabbled with biographical films in 2010’s The Social Network, where he played Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg. Now Variety reports the Now You See Me 2 star is going full biopic for an upcoming movie about Marcel Marceau, the internationally renowned mime and actor who was a part of the French Resistance in his youth. Eisenberg will play Marceau, who joined the French underground in Limoges, where he would alter the ages on the identification cards of other Jewish teens in an effort to keep them out of the labor camps. He also hid Jewish children from the Gestapo, and even posed as a Boy Scout leader to smuggle them into Switzerland. Sadly, when he returned to his hometown of Strasbourg, he learned his father had been captured and sent to Auschwitz, where he was killed along with so many others.
Jonathan Jakubowicz is writing and directing the ...
- Danette Chavez
Similar News ItemsThe Social Network (2010)
- Why David Fincher Is Right And Wrong About Marvel (From Flickeringmyth. 22 October 2017, 2:25 AM, PDT)
- Uber Whistleblower Susan Fowler Is Developing a Movie Described as ‘Erin Brockovich’ Meets ‘The Social Network’ (From Indiewire. 21 October 2017, 11:12 AM, PDT)
- Looks Like David Fincher Isn’t Too Big a Fan of Marvel (From TVovermind.com. 20 October 2017, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- New images from Justice League released (From Flickeringmyth. 23 October 2017, 8:15 AM, PDT)
- Justice League runtime revealed, shortest Dceu movie to date (From Flickeringmyth. 22 October 2017, 10:52 AM, PDT)
- New Report Claims Lex Luthor Is Still In Justice League (From We Got This Covered. 21 October 2017, 10:38 PM, PDT)
- Skam Us Version is Coming to Facebook Watch (From TVovermind.com. 18 October 2017, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- David Fincher Movies Ranked from Worst to Best (From Indiewire. 17 October 2017, 11:48 AM, PDT)
- President Trump’s Net Worth Plummets by $600 Million as He Drops 92 Spots on Forbes’ Rich List (From PEOPLE.com. 17 October 2017, 8:13 AM, PDT)