“Annabelle: Creation” isn’t just fleshing out New Line Cinema’s self-proclaimed “Conjuring Universe,” it’s also helping to save the back half of the summer box office. The prequel to 2014’s “Annabelle” is conjuring up a $36 million domestic debut.
According to estimates, Warner Bros.’ supernatural horror will easily win its opening weekend after taking in $15 million from 3,502 locations on Friday, including Thursday night previews. Talitha Bateman, Lulu Wilson, Stephanie Sigman, Miranda Otto, and Anthony Lapaglia star in the origin story behind the killer, antique doll from director David F. Sandberg.
Also in the double digits for WB, “Dunkirk” continues to steamroll its blockbuster competition in second place. Despite being in its fourth frame, Christopher Nolan’s World War II drama is expected to add just under $11 million to its total after making just over $3 million from 3,762 screens on Friday. That number is also expected to officially put »
- JD Knapp
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Women Sizzle at an Otherwise Not-So-Hot Summer Box Office (From Women and Hollywood. 21 August 2017, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- Daniel Craig Back as Bond + More U.K. Industry News (From Backstage. 21 August 2017, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- BBC Sets Harry Styles Special; Omnia Options ‘Sarong Party Girls’ – Global Briefs (From Deadline TV. 21 August 2017, 4:59 AM, PDT)
- Star Wars: what could an Obi-Wan movie entail? (From Den of Geek. 20 August 2017, 8:53 AM, PDT)
- China's Puji Capital backs Peter Guber's Mandalay Endurance (From ScreenDaily. 18 August 2017, 1:40 AM, PDT)
- Chinese Investor Launches Puji Films, Backs Peter Guber’s Mandalay Endurance (From Variety - Film News. 17 August 2017, 7:15 PM, PDT)
Stephen King (I)
- It Movie Director On Splitting King’s Classic In Two And The Pair Of Scrapped Scenes (From We Got This Covered. 21 August 2017, 2:50 PM, PDT)
- Netflix Sets Premiere Date for Stephen King’s ‘1922’; First Images (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 21 August 2017, 1:29 PM, PDT)
- Newswire: It to scare up a massive opening weekend, analysts predict (From The AV Club. 21 August 2017, 11:52 AM, PDT)