Dylan O’Brien’s “American Assassin” easily topped social media buzz last week with 59,000 new conversations, according to media-measurement firm ComScore and its PreAct service.
The activity was spurred by the studio holding a social promotion for fans to unlock the new poster online along with the release of a new red band trailer on Aug. 17. The cumulative number of new conversations for “American Assassin” has hit 245,000.
In the movie, Dylan O’Brien plays Mitch Rapp, a CIA recruit whose fiancee is killed in a terrorist attack moments after he’s proposed to her — motivating him to serve in a black ops mission aimed at stopping World War III in the Middle East. He’s trained by deep cover Cold War veteran Stan Hurley, played by Michael Keaton. The film opens on Sept. 15.
Disney-Marvel’s “Thor: Ragnarok” produced 21,000 new conversations last week as the studio »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsChris Hemsworth
- Liam Hemsworth Urges Australia to Vote 'Yes' for Same-Sex Marriage: 'I Believe It's a Human Right' (From PEOPLE.com. 20 September 2017, 10:03 AM, PDT)
- How Chris Hemsworth Managed To Steal The Role Of Thor From Liam Hemsworth (From Cinema Blend. 19 September 2017, 10:03 AM, PDT)
- Thor: Ragnarok Superpower Of Stem Challenge (From Look to the Stars. 15 September 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans Celebrate Climate Champions In New Video (From ET Canada. 20 September 2017, 12:54 PM, PDT)
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ gets an 80s-themed trailer (From Blogomatic3000. 20 September 2017, 2:25 AM, PDT)
- Thor: Ragnarok Goes Totally 80s in Cheesy Retro Trailer (From MovieWeb. 18 September 2017, 10:13 AM, PDT)
- New Thor: Ragnarok IMAX Poster Is a Jaw-Dropping Stunner (From MovieWeb. 20 September 2017, 5:42 PM, PDT)
- Review: The Mountain Between Us (Tiff) (From JoBlo. 20 September 2017, 8:16 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Mountain Between Us’: How Cinematographer Mandy Walker Shot at 11,000 Feet (From Thompson on Hollywood. 20 September 2017, 8:01 AM, PDT)